We’ve used Pexels for many of our personal projects, anything from website development or adding a photo to a personal homepage. There are many talented photographers on the site and many different categories to choose from. You can choose web development or business men and women, or even a coming soon photo.
You may be asking, do they only offer photos? No! They have videos as well! And you can search the same categories you do for photos. We have also used their videos for personal projects. There are many great options to choose from and they’re continuously adding new photos and videos.
Now, using the free photos and videos are great, but there are a few restrictions for use.
First, lets talk about what you can do with the photos and videos.
- All of the photos are free to use.
- No attribution is required, but giving credit to the photographer is always appreciated.
- You can modify the photos and videos.
And for the limitations…
- Identifiable people may not appear in a bad light or in a way that is offensive or promoting unlawful behavior.
- You can’t sell unaltered copies of a photo or video, e.g. as a poster, print or on a physical product without modifying it first.
- Don’t endorse your product by people or brands on the imagery.
- You’re unable to redistribute or sell the photos and videos on other stock photo or wallpaper platforms.
That’s not to bad, right? And we’re more than happy to agree to those terms. It’s a small price to “pay” to use free photos and videos.
What about you? Are you building a website and need photos? Leave us a comment below and tell us what your working on. Have you ever wondered how much a web developer can make? Take a look at our article explaining more.